The Michigan Weavers Guild (MWG) is dedicated to encouraging excellence, inspiring creativity, and preserving fiber traditions by providing forums for the education of handweavers, handspinners, basketmakers, and fiber artists in related disciplines.
May 16, 2015 MWG Program 11:30 amPotluck, Speaker: Susan Lolli Topic: RISC Jacquard Experience 2015 Summer Challenge – “American Roots” Stash Exchange, Show and Tell and MLH Exhibit Collection
Bring a dish to pass. Dishes, silverware and drinks will be provided.
Susan Lolli will provide a short slide presentation on her experience at a four day Jacquard weaving workshop at The Rhode Island School of Design.
Bring your latest creations for “Look What I have Done” and hear about our 2015 Summer Challenge Criteria.
We will also be collecting (and showing) items for our Guild Exhibit at the Michigan League of Handweavers Conference. Our guild exhibit theme is: ‘MWG Expanding Our Textile Horizons Through Workshops, Study Groups and Guild Challenges’. So bring your completed items based on the following workshops to show off the many talents of our members.
- Lisa Hill’s ‘Masters of Deflection, Deflected Doubleweave Workshop’
- Bosali Biswas’ 2014 Dye Day
- JoAnn Bachelder’s ‘Three Shaft Weaves: When Less is More’, 3 Shaft Weaves Workshop
- Bosali Biswas’ 2015 Dye Day
- Laurie Autio’s ‘Budget Jacquard’ Workshop
- MWG Summer 2014 project ‘National Geographic Inspired Challenge’
- MWG Explorer’s Study Group, ‘Vessels’
See EXHIBITS page for information on label information
see location information