A small collection of links for the Fiber Community
Member Fiber Related Websites (members: please send updates to the webmaster)
- Boisali Biswas – Mixed media fiber
- Susan Lolli - Photos of her weaving along with photography and encaustic
- Loretta Oliver - Examples of her work, primarily in felting.
- Complex Weavers - Complex Weavers is dedicated to expanding the boundaries of handweaving.
Handweavers Guild of America - HGA provides a National forum for handweavers, handspinners, and related fiber.
- Michigan League of Handweavers - MLH is devoted to promoting handweaving via educational opportunities.
Surface Design Association - Creative Exploration of Fiber & Fabric
- Handweaving.net - This website is a digital weaving archive with drafts, historic weaving documents, and more.
- On-Line Digital Archive of Documents on Weaving and Related Topics- contains material on weaving, basketry, lace, and related subjects.
- Online Mother Of All Yarn Calculators - Link to online spreadsheet to calculate yarn requirements for weaving projects. Includes yardage required for sectional warping.
- Sett Chart from The New York Guild of Handweavers
Michigan Weaving Shops (support your local stores)
- Forma - Whitmore Lake, Michigan
- Heritage Spinning and Weaving - Lake Orion, Michigan
- Woven Art – East Lansing, Michigan
Partial List of Websites of Previous MWG Guild Lecture or Workshop Presenters
- Cathryn Amidei – Jacquard Weaving
- Lois Bryant – Jacquard Weaving
- Jason Collingwood – Rug Weaving
- Elizabeth Hill - Deflected Doubleweave
- Cynthia LaMaide – Clothing
- Heather Macali – Jacquard Weaving
- Jennifer Moore – Doubleweave
- Martha Reeves – Bead Leno
- Robin Spady – Two Sides to Every Cloth
- Diane Totten – Crimp Cloth
- Mary Underwood - Handspan yarn and fibers, handwoven textiles
Other Links of Interest
- Indigo Growing Blue - An Indiana based participatory art project led by Rowland Ricketts
- Blog post about lashing on a warp - http://dustbunniesundermyloom.blogspot.com/2013/09/lashing-on-warp-or-lashing-out-about.html