A small collection of links for the Fiber Community
Member Fiber Related Websites (members: please send updates to the webmaster)
- Boisali Biswas – Mixed media fiber
- Michael Daitch – Examples of his work including Tallitot Project
- Susan Lolli – Photos of her weaving along with photography and encaustic
- Loretta Oliver – Examples of her work, primarily in felting.
- Complex Weavers – Complex Weavers is dedicated to expanding the boundaries of handweaving.
Handweavers Guild of America – HGA provides a National forum for handweavers, handspinners, and related fiber.
- Michigan League of Handweavers – MLH is devoted to promoting handweaving via educational opportunities.
Surface Design Association – Creative Exploration of Fiber & Fabric
- Handweaving.net – This website is a digital weaving archive with drafts, historic weaving documents, and more.
- On-Line Digital Archive of Documents on Weaving and Related Topics– contains material on weaving, basketry, lace, and related subjects.
- Online Mother Of All Yarn Calculators – Link to online spreadsheet to calculate yarn requirements for weaving projects. Includes yardage required for sectional warping.
- Sett Chart from The New York Guild of Handweavers
Michigan Weaving Shops (support your local stores)
- Forma – Whitmore Lake, Michigan
- Heritage Spinning and Weaving – Lake Orion, Michigan
- Woven Art – East Lansing, Michigan
Partial List of Websites of Previous MWG Guild Lecture or Workshop Presenters
- Cathryn Amidei – Jacquard Weaving
- Lois Bryant – Jacquard Weaving
- Jason Collingwood – Rug Weaving
- Karen Donde – Turned Beiderwand
- Elizabeth Hill – Deflected Doubleweave
- Bonnie Kay – Weaver
- Cynthia LaMaide – Clothing
- Heather Macali – Jacquard Weaving
- Jennifer Moore – Doubleweave
- Jeremy Noonan – Textile Design
- Martha Reeves – Bead Leno
- Robin Spady – Two Sides to Every Cloth, The Thrill of the Twill
- Diane Totten – Crimp Cloth
- Mary Underwood – Handspan yarn and fibers, handwoven textiles
Other Links of Interest
- Indigo Growing Blue – An Indiana based participatory art project led by Rowland Ricketts
- Blog post about lashing on a warp – http://dustbunniesundermyloom.blogspot.com/2013/09/lashing-on-warp-or-lashing-out-about.html